Lead project “Leibniz-E-Center Bioactives”
This project – Leibniz Bioactives Cloud – develops a common, yet distributed platform for data mining, data analysis tools, information and data management and exchange. Please visit the project page (aforementioned link) for further information.
Dr. Bernd Rupp and Dr. med. André Lampe launched a PodCast “Wirkstoffradio”, dedicated to the topic of drug discovery. This podcast is uniquely dedicated to small active compounds within the german podcasts. It deliveres first hand information and explanations from experts to the interested public.
Each story covers different aspects of its topic and is conviniently divided into different chapters accessible on its own. This is also how other media providers can link to parts or all of this podcasts.
The “Wirkstoffradio” links the work of the Research Alliance to the public and makes science more understandable to the public. It will also help to transfer knowledge on commonly used pharamceuticals or scientific techniques to the citizens.
Stay tuned – further episodes will follow soon!
Seed Money projects
The Leibniz Research Alliance “Bioactive Compounds and Biotechnology” supports institutional cooperation among two or more alliance members and grants “Seed Money” funding. Short applications of maximum one page can be submitted twice per year.
INCREASED FUNDING IN 2019: 10,000 € / project, CALL IS OPEN:
Deadline: 15th May 2019
Please send you application per Email: email@example.com
Please click here to download the proposal template.
In the past, “Seed Money” was granted to the following projects:
- B. Westermann, IPB Halle /F. Kloß, HKI Jena
Verbesserte Fungizidwirkstoffe durch Modifizierung natürlich‐vorkommender Fettsäuren aus Pilzen
- M. Dippe, IPB Halle / J. Thiele, IPF Dresden
Maßgeschneiderte Adapterpeptide für die Enzym-Immobilisierung
- P. Rizzo, IPK Gatersleben / K. Franke, IPB Halle
Genotyping studies associated with bioactive compounds biosynthesis in Hypericum species
- B. Hube, HKI Jena / T. Gutsmann, FZ Borstel
Die Rolle von nicht-toxischen Peptiden im Ece1 Protein
- H. Guo, C. Beemelmanns, HKI Jena / M. Neumann‐Schaal, DSMZ Braunschweig
Metabolomic and Functional Analysis of Actinobacteria Associated with Fungus‐Growing Termites
- B. Hube, HKI, Jena / T. Gutsmann, FZ-Borstel, Borstel
Die Wirkungsweise des Pilztoxins Candidalysin auf Bakterien
- P. Stallforth, HKI, Jena / M. Weissenborn, IPB, Halle
Survival of the deadliest (SOFD)
- J. Thiele, IPF, Dresden / M. Weissenborn, IPB, Halle
Abiological catalysis by heme-carrying DNAzymes in DNA-polymer microgels (polyDNAcat)
- E. Freier, ISAS, Dortmund / M. Weissenborn, IPB, Halle
Multiplexing GC-MS analysis for a generic high throughput enzyme screen (MULTI-GC)
- G. Kaluđerović, IPB, Halle / J. Hengstler, IfADo, Dortmund
Fluorescence nanoparticles as drug carriers for natural product emodin
- B. Michels, LIN, Magdeburg / L. Wessjohann, IPB, Halle
Cognitive enhancement by natural compounds
- G. Kaluđerović, IPB, Halle / E. Freier, ISAS, Dortmund
Traceable nanomaterials for drug delivery
- A. Hamann, S. Frischbutter, DRFZ, Berlin / A. Brakhage, HKI, Jena / L. Wessjohann, IPB, Halle
Implementation of comprehensive screenings for novel immunomodulators within libraries of natural compounds