Forthcoming Meetings and Events
Bioactives Cloud-workshop – for Alliance members
- Date: Wednesday, 29.01.2020, 12:00-18:00
- Place: IPB – Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry (https://www.ipb-halle.de).
- Preliminary program: https://events.ipb-halle.de/event/56
The workshop will provide up-to-date information on the Bioactives Cloud projectt as well as space to discuss existing initiatives in detail. The detailed program will follow soon! Ideally, each member institute should be represented with a scientist and an IT colleague. Therefore, please forward this email to your colleagues who might be interested in the topic and the event. Thank you very much. Travel and accommodation expenses for employees of Alliance member institutes will be covered (maximum 2 persons/member Institute) by the Leibniz Research Alliance of Bioactive Compunds and Biotechnology.
Please register until December 1st 2019: https://events.ipb-halle.de/event/56
Leibniz Wirkstofftage 2020 / Leibniz Conference on Bioactive Compounds 2020
the Leibniz Research Alliance Bioactive Compounds and Biotechnology cordially invites you on behalf of the Research Center Borstel (FZB) to the upcoming Leibniz Conference on Bioactive Compounds 2020.
Registration open: https://events.ipb-halle.de/event/49
Deadline for abstract submission: 02.03.2020
Deadline for registration without presentation: 15.03.2020.
Please click here for the preliminary programme.
The Leibniz Conference on Bioactive Compounds 2020 (Wirkstofftage 2020) is the 8th conference of the Leibniz Research Alliance (LRA) Bioactive Compounds and Biotechnology. Each year another member organizes the conference, giving the participants the additional chance to explore the host institute: this year´s host ist the Research Center Borstel (FZB). The conference features national and international keynote speakers from science and industry and a series of short presentations from the member institutes or associated partners. Its main purpose is to present both scientific accomplishments and open questions of the partners and to initiate potential cooperations within or outside of the LRA.
The Wirkstofftage 2020 is a platform for a get-together of experts from many different fields: medicine, food and agricultural research, analytical, synthetic and medicinal chemistry and biochemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, biotechnology, and engineering, including aspects of law, informatics and economy. At this meeting many group leaders and senior scientists of Leibniz institutes meet up with early career researchers to talk about the multidisciplinary field of bioactive compounds and biotechnology. This conference is also the platform to award the yearly LRA prizes.The conference will be covered by the german podcast Wirkstoffradio, which is done by two scientist from the pharmacological field. They offer to do interviews with everyone who is presenting a poster (and willing to do a little bit of science communication) for a publication on their podcast, accomponied with a little bit of help with the wording, if desired.
This year´s conference will introduce new programme elements such as:
- poster prize: the best poster presentation will be awarded with a prize of 500 Euros
- speed dating: a little voluntary event during a coffee break to get to know attending people in a fun and fast manner.
- meet the speaker: this provides a possibility of exchange between early career researchers and experienced scientists
- fishbowl discussion: new ways in the research bioactives, benefits & challenges of interdisciplinary research. A fishbowl discussion is a more open format to talk about important topics. There is a moderator, two permanent expert and three free seats, on which everybody who wants to contribute to the discussion can join the conversation.
The conference addresses the following topics:
- Drug Discovery and Early Development
- Mode of Action and Novel Targets
- Medical Applications and Engineering
- Non-medical Applications
- Method and Process Development
- Translation – from Academia to Industry
- Ole G. Mouritsen, University Copenhagen, Denmark
- Rolf Müller, HIPS Saarbrücken, Germany
- Siegfried Weiß, HZI Braunschweig, Germany
- Gerald Lackner, HKI Jena, Germany
- Shrikrishnan Sankaran, INM Saarbrücken, Germany
- Matthias Rarey, University of Hamburg, Germany
Follow our invitation and present your research in a poster or a short talk and get in touch with other scientists. Further information will follow soon!
Dr. Anna Rusznyak
coordinator Leibniz Research Alliance Bioactive Compounds and Biotechnology
Tel: 0173 362 7802