Forthcoming Meetings and Events
Leibniz Wirkstofftage 2021 / Leibniz Conference on Bioactive Compounds 2021
the Leibniz Research Alliance Bioactive Compounds and Biotechnology cordially invites you on behalf of the Research Center Borstel (FZB) to the upcoming Leibniz Conference on Bioactive Compounds 2021.
UPDATE: due to the risks of corona virus infections, various institutes have now imposed travel restrictions. In view of the current developments and after consultation with the host institutes (FZB Borstel and CSSB Hamburg), we have therefore decided to postpone the Leibniz Conference on Bioactive Compounds until 2021. The preliminary date is the 12-13. April 2021, this will be confirmed to you as soon as possible. Information available online: https://events.ipb-halle.de/event/49
We hope that all speakers and participants can join us: this time the program has been better than ever, featuring new program elements and a poster prize – it should be the same in autumn.
Registration and abstract submission online stays open: https://events.ipb-halle.de/event/49
Preliminary date: 12-13. April 2021, this will be confirmed to you as soon as possible.
Please click here for the preliminary programme.
The Leibniz Conference on Bioactive Compounds 2020 (Wirkstofftage 2020) is the 8th conference of the Leibniz Research Alliance (LRA) Bioactive Compounds and Biotechnology. Each year another member organizes the conference, giving the participants the additional chance to explore the host institute: this year´s host ist the Research Center Borstel (FZB). The conference features national and international keynote speakers from science and industry and a series of short presentations from the member institutes or associated partners. Its main purpose is to present both scientific accomplishments and open questions of the partners and to initiate potential cooperations within or outside of the LRA.
The Wirkstofftage 2020 is a platform for a get-together of experts from many different fields: medicine, food and agricultural research, analytical, synthetic and medicinal chemistry and biochemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, biotechnology, and engineering, including aspects of law, informatics and economy. At this meeting many group leaders and senior scientists of Leibniz institutes meet up with early career researchers to talk about the multidisciplinary field of bioactive compounds and biotechnology. This conference is also the platform to award the yearly LRA prizes.The conference will be covered by the german podcast Wirkstoffradio, which is done by two scientist from the pharmacological field. They offer to do interviews with everyone who is presenting a poster (and willing to do a little bit of science communication) for a publication on their podcast, accomponied with a little bit of help with the wording, if desired.
This year´s conference will introduce new programme elements such as:
- poster prize: the best poster presentation will be awarded with a prize of 500 Euros
- speed dating: a little voluntary event during a coffee break to get to know attending people in a fun and fast manner.
- meet the speaker: this provides a possibility of exchange between early career researchers and experienced scientists
- fishbowl discussion: new ways in the research bioactives, benefits & challenges of interdisciplinary research. A fishbowl discussion is a more open format to talk about important topics. There is a moderator, two permanent expert and three free seats, on which everybody who wants to contribute to the discussion can join the conversation.
The conference addresses the following topics:
- Drug Discovery and Early Development
- Mode of Action and Novel Targets
- Medical Applications and Engineering
- Non-medical Applications
- Method and Process Development
- Translation – from Academia to Industry
- Ole G. Mouritsen, University Copenhagen, Denmark
- Rolf Müller, HIPS Saarbrücken, Germany
- Siegfried Weiß, HZI Braunschweig, Germany
- Shrikrishnan Sankaran, INM Saarbrücken, Germany
- Matthias Rarey, University of Hamburg, Germany
Follow our invitation and present your research in a poster or a short talk and get in touch with other scientists.
Contact: Dr. Anna Rusznyak
coordinator Leibniz Research Alliance Bioactive Compounds and Biotechnology
Tel: 0173 362 7802